RD350RD350YPVS

Bought 2009-05-25, Milage=35106km

Chassi no. 31K006973

Engine no. 31K006973

Reg no. LMW426

 


2010-04-23

Open the engine and found the pushrod welded to the ball.



2010-04-22

Dynoed at racerepairs. Unfortunatly the clutch gave up. 61 rearwheel HP




2010-04-17

First real ride, Åkersberga, Vaxholm och Bulten. 15 liter. Little rich on midtrottle. Soft rear spring otherwise everything worked fine.


2010-04-13

Yamaha for winter!



2010-04-11

Out in the open!




2010-Spring

Rear modified


Engine completely disassembled and assembled with new crank. Cylinders rebored and ported. Heads oringed.



New homemade bushings for the YPVS valves. Old ones in front..


Aprilia front


Rear sprocket had to be moved inward so that the chain could run free from the frame. I used the Aprilia rear sprocket with 42 teeth, RD has 39 teeth


Rear master could not be used as it was in the way of the swing. Found one of a Yamaha XT from -89

Bought an Öhlins shock for the rear. Spring was rated at 100N/mm and I found this to soft. Bought a 140N


2010-01-15

Rear fitted







2010-01-07

With my new lathe I made two spacers. Nothing advanced but very fun! Everybody should have there own lathe!


2009-12-19

Bought front and rear from an Aprilia RS250 as a Christmas present.

   


2009-12-15

New YPVS valves TTS. Sent to England, Mick Abbey, with barrels for porting work. 


2009-10-25

New pipes fitted, Mick Abbey design. Main jets changed to 290 and airbox modified.

 


2009-08-30

Trackafternoon at Järfälla.


2009-08-15

Rebuilt rearlight as old was cracked and damaged.

 


2009-08-09

36618km, Dismantle of carburators, new floatvalves. Main jets=240, pilot=22.5. Float hieght=20mm.


2009-08-08

36600km, Compression test Right=110psi, Left=115psi. New engine oil.


2009-08-07

One more trackday with SMC, about 200km of fullthrottle.


2009-08-05

Spare engine put together. Adjusted squish to 1.0mm with no gasket at base and original gasket at head. new coolant, new engine oil and new spark plugs, BR9ES.New YPVS sealings. Removed oil pump. Front wheel balanced.


2009-08-03

36580km Tested the top speed and ended with a sized large end bearing on the right cylinder. Came to about 180km/h....


2009-08-01

36570km New tappered bearings in steering stem. Dismantle swing and spring links for cleaning and regreasing. New clutch cable and new cable for speedometer. switch to 16teeth front sprocket.


2009-07-12

Test the compresion with cold engine, 7bar (101psi) on right cylinder and 7,5bar (109psi) on left.


2009-07-10

Trackday with SMC, about 200km of fullthrottle.


2009-07-01

Since the fork bottoms out during hardbraking I try with minerl oil 10W30 and 10psi of air. Turns out much better, no more bouncing front wheel.


2009-06-30

Trackevening at Rörken, red group.


2009-06-29

Weight=162,5kg with half tank.


2009-06-24

35556km, New braided front brake hoses fitted.


2009-06-22

Trackevening at Rörken.


2009-06-18

5W-40 in fork.


2009-05-30

Gearbox oil and  brake oil changed, Intrument cluster taken apart and cleaned. Front wheel from 2008 but a new rear wheel (120/90-18) was purchaced. New rear wheel bearings fitted. New batteri fitted.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor